Thursday, July 30, 2009

feeling better

I woke up today and guess what! No nausea! Guess it was just temporary tamiflu-onset side effects, which is fine because we only have two pills left to take - one tonight, and one tomorrow for my birthday!

I'm pretty stoked about birthday in quarantine! Rumors have it that South Korea changed the laws about swine flu quarantine a couple days ago due to it being too widespread in the country (contrary to what we had thought, we aren't at all the first case of it here), so we're pretty much definitely quarantine free in a few days :)

I finished my arrangement of the traditional Korean song "Arirang" Wednesday night after starting it maybe the night before? Anyways, last night I played it for everyone and it was well recieved and that's cool. I've uploaded a "quality" mp3 of it for those who want to hear: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OI3FCW5A
I consider it my finest work compositionally, but it was also the easiest one to write. Maybe those are hand in hand?

no idea what to write next. I finished Xenocide yesterday and Children of the Mind today. By the time I'm back I'll have finished all of the books in the Ender universe, at this rate. The Brothers Karamazov will have to wait until I'm less captivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment